Sunday 18 March 2012

YAY,me and the girls did good!! :)

This is my little Floozie's first ever run at a show. :)
I was SO happy with her today.
I kept her off lead the whole time we were queuing,she was fabuous,and considering her dog agression/reactivity and overwhelming desire to chase dogs running,was a massive achievement itself,and had I gone home with only that today,I would have been over the moon!

So off lead in the queue,focussed amongst the chaos,and happy to do tricks and behaviours and stay engaged with me the whole time.
I did put her on the lead when I went into the ring,as I didn't want her going off and doing any equipment with out me.
One thing I forgot to do,was play with her before setting her up and leaving her.I want her to be thinking she is going to do something with me when we get in rather than just desperate to get to the first piece of equipment which is a mistake I made with Shady.

She had a lovely wait.She slowed down for the turn after 2,came out and drove on from the tunnel to number 4 nicely and had a nice turn over number 4,after which I rewarded her,very happy with that little sequence.

Then we had a slight lol!! stumbling block,she'd never encountered a tunnel under a dog walk before,its unusual to get one in the beginner classes TBH.
So as it was a training run I tried unsuccessfully to get her to do it.Thankfully my trainers were watching and told me to go and do it from the other end,as you can take your own course if your running NFC (not for competition).
She was a little slow on the dog walk but we have been doing a lot of seesaws lately,so that may have been it.
Wonderful contact!! I was super happy with how well she did on there.Happy,engaged,and would not be dragged off her happy place!!What a good girl :)

Unfortunatly I ran out of time then,so didn't get to the rest which I had planned,but really I am very happy with how she did at her first show :)

I only booked one class for Flooz today,but next week I'll do 3 runs each,I can't wait!!



This is Mookie's steeplechase run.The steeplechase classes are just jumps and tunnels,no weaves,not that I was looking for a class for Mooks with no weaves,its just what I ended up entering,to try and make the day the least confusing!
It was a straight forward course,but too many tunnels and I got confused after the second tunnel,and then suddenly forgot where I was meant to go right after it,and made a reasonable job of kinda rear crossing her there lol.
I did have a massive wide turn after the last tunnel,but managed to win the class still :)
I do have a trophy and rossette,but I can't be bothered to go and do a photo,I'll get one tommorow.




This was Mookie's jumping run.It was a nice enough run,with a few mistakes and wide turns,but they were on the whole my mistakes,I know why it went wrong,so I'm very happy with the run :)
1,2,3 into the tunnel straight forward,she had a wide turn on 5,caused by me being late,and then abrupt with my check arm.
Then thinking too hard about getting her to check her stride and not enough about keeping my drive arm to tell her to take the jump before the turn,I pulled her off number 6,by dropping my drive arm too soon,before she was commited to the jump.
Round to 10 and 11 straight forward.I had to put in another front cross before the tunnel (12),but forgot,but actually think that rear crossing the jump after the tunnel worked well.
Nice turn on number 15,she really checked her stride for that one.
Long jump,jump then I left her to go find the weves on her own,which she did nicely.Not quite sure why she popped out early,but never mind,we ran back laughing at each other (Mookie does doggie laughing all the time,she thinks life in general is hilarious!!)and she did them nicely,and drove on nicely to the end.




What a fantastic pair of girls I have :) I couldn't have asked for more of them today,and we just all had a really nice,fun day out.
We've got another show next Saturday,and I CANNOT wait!!!!!
Its another UKA so I can train Floozie in the ring,oh and I'll train Mookie's contacts too,and reward her on them,and I may even enter Shady even if I do a really low height and mainly practice waits and contacts.

Can't wait for this season,so much to look forward to :)

No comments:

Post a Comment