Saturday 24 March 2012

Another great show!

I took my girls to another UKA show today,got there really early and was the second day parking car there,which meant I had a great spot right next to the rings,which meant less walking to and fro to the van.
Floozie was SO good again.In her agility run she had lovely contacts,bit slower over the dog walk than in training,and she ran past both the Aframe and dog walk initially,but that's nothing a bit of exposure and experience won't fix :)
I missed out the seesaw and weaves out on purpose,as she's not ready for those in the ring yet.
I just love bringing a dog out at UKA first,it is SOOO much more relaxed than KC shows,I wish I had done that when Shady and Mooks came out.


This is Floozie's first steeplechase run (no weaves or contacts).I had so much fun running it!
I am 100% happy with her focus on me.This from a dog who wanted to chase and attack dogs when I first got her.
I had planned to do the first 6 obstacles then reward.Then carry on and reward again after the 4th tunnel on the front cross,which worked really well.I think I could have run till the end ok,but want to keep her motivation up whilst she's new to shows.
She just missed out the second to last jump,but who cares,what a nice 2nd ever run at a show :)



Here's her agility class.
I did the first 2 jumps then rewarded and used the tug to drag her past the unwanted seesaw!hahaha.She ran past both dog walk and aframe,no problem,that'll soon come.
After the dog walk she came nicely through the box and turned left nicely for the aframe.
I can't wait to run her again!



Here's Mookie's agility run.My main thing I wanted to achieve was just to reward her on the contacts.
this was her first time tugging on contacts at a show,and she loved it,and was really willing to immediatly tug when I offered her the toy.
On the vid the dog walk is behind the seesaw,so when he comes down the dog walk from this angle it looks like she's on the seesaw and it looks weird!She got the contact,came off when I told her she was clever,so had to go back on and find the position again.
We went clear on the rest of the course,though we had a terrible turn from 3 to 4.
It was good fun,I love running her!I only entered her in one run today due to finances,or lack of!


Posing the girls with their back to the rings was not Floozie or Sixx's idea of fun haha.




Dan took some cool photos of Becky me and the girls,I think I like the first one best,but I'm not certain,I like 'em all really.














I need to go on a diet!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely awesome by you and your girlies! You DO NOT need to diet!

    ReplyDelete