Saturday 3 March 2012

Great training.....

My long awaited weave training session with Lucy Osborne arrived today,and I certainly wasn't disapointed :)
Lucy trains weaves in a method I'd not seen before.She uses 2 upright weave poles to train the entries, (like 2x2) and then uses a channel for the weaves.
As Floozie's been shaped for alot of her behaviours she picked the weave entry up quite easily,and we progressed to doing it on both sides,and from 2 different jumps at different angles.
We ran her through the channel with just 2 or 3 of the first poles in tighter than she's ever done it,she got her first little weaving wiggle going on :)
I really got a lot from the session,and I'm going to buy Lucy's DVD to continue to train it her way.It really makes alot of sense to me,and I'm really excited to get it done.
One thing the ession made clear to me is not to stick on one/easy thing,keep raising your criteria,and Floozie showed me she will easily keep up with it.That girl,she just tries and tries and tries,she never turns off whilst working,and I'm so happy that I learnt to train her through her frustration,as she may get wound up and bark at me and say 'what is it you want from me woman!!'but then she'll check herself,and think and get it right. :)

I managed to also unexpectedly get a place on the seesaw session which I was really chuffed about as weaves and seesaws are the 2 things which we hadn't done any of.I've got a great foundation for things to go ahead and get working with.I can't wait!!


Floozie waiting her turn impatiently!




We took the dogs for a run at lunchtime,the weather was weird,real weird!It was raining but it was sunny,there were really dark clouds in one direction but the sun from the other direction was bouncing off them and it was so pretty.




Shady is my pot of gold at the end of the rainbow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment