Wednesday 7 March 2012

Agility training vids...

Here are the vids from the Lucy Osborne training day,well here's the weaving vids,the seesaw ones will have to wait till tommorow.
i really really enjoyed Lucy's training,and will definatly try to train with her again :)

We started with just running through the channels a few times,making Floozie realise that if she comes out of the channel before the end,there will be no reward.
Don't worry about the kamikaze run up the seesaw,its not desirable,but she is a stunt woman!!
Around 2 mins she goes off to find a bit of dead animal which was in the field haha.



The channel is a bit tighter here....
YAY a weave wiggle!!:)



Next we moved on to entries.Flooz has had 2 2 minute sessions on this before this day,but I was placing the reward in the wrong place according to Lucy's method.
I was rewarding in a straight line with the weaves,Lucy places the reward in a place which encourages the dog to check its stride and turn tight after the 2nd pole.
This is to encourage the dog to realise that it needs to collect itself in order to not be going to fast and so missing out a pole.

I just love this vid of Flooz,look how happy she is,look at her pouncing after her toy :)Oh and I've taught flooz to retrieve and jump up on me with her toy,it saves me bending down lol.



Here Flooz is learning the 'harder' side weave entry.Where she is on my right.



This is the harder side again,her on my right.I like how Lucy is not afraid to put the toy out where the dog should be rewarded,the dog has to figure out how to gain the reward.
If they go and just take the toy,its no biggie,we just take make the toy boring and take it from the dog.
I can see from this vid how I wasn't holding Flooz 'long' enough as I led her to the pole the first few times.
Just in case anyone's wondering,at 1 minute 50 seconds,Flooz jumps up to kiss Lucy,had I left the original audio on,you'd have heard Lucy say,'no I don't want a kiss thank you!'




Next we moved onto one jump,then the entry.Flooz is just a great dog to train,she never stops trying,never turns off.






I really like the way Lucy shows the dog where the toy is when they go wrong,she teases them with it,I'm going to remember that for my training,it makes sense to me.



After lunch we had a bit of spare time so took every body for a run :)

PLAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment