Saturday 20 October 2012

The dogs who killed Christmas!

We were fortunate to be given a bag full of Christmas toys in the week,so this evening I set all the toys free,and wished them well,plus also told them they weren't to be very long for this world.
I always see toys like this in shops,at shows etc.I'm always tempted to buy some for the dogs,they look so cute,and I remember when I had my first dog Minstrel,and she had toys which last the whole of her life...14 and a half years,even though she played with them nearly every day.
She was so gentle with them.Alas now I live with a pack of hooligans!
I admire people who teach there dogs to play nicely with their toys,but I don't have the patience.Also I feel mean telling them they can't rip them to shreds when they just have so much fun doing it!
Mindy had a kinda reindeer x christmas pudding latexy toy down in the kitchen,which honked,as reindeer x puddings do in real life obviously!It kept her amused for most of the time i was in their cooking my dinner.
These cute little,fluffy toys lasted around 5 mins.
RIP Christmas!

It started so innocently.....



Mookie started getting angry!


'Oh hi,you look nice,but I'm afraid I'ma gonna have to kill you!'




This toy has a bottle inside it and is tres annoying!





Lol I love this one of Mookie!

I had to save this reindeer,I just couldn't let them kill it!


and so Christmas was killed!

These 2 were half of my work today,2 Tervuerens,litter brother and sister Mac and Ruby.
Mac in particular is very nervous,and his owner brings him muzzled as he will snap when he feels threatened (which sadly is alot).I bathed him whilst leaving the muzzle on,but once I've carried him from the bath to the table,I removed it today,and he was as good as gold for the rest of the time.:)
After I'd finished grooming them both I taught Mac to touch my hand on que with his nose.
He's so bright and I can't help but think that if he were mentally challenged a bit more,he wouldn't be so nervous.
I tried to explain to his owners what I'd done,and explain that for nervous dogs its a good 'trick' to teach them,as it helps make a more pleasant association with people's hands,rather than fearing them and backing away from them.I think she thought I was a bit mad,the trainer she goes too is very old school...le sigh :(


Waiting to be asked to touch so he can get a reward.Mac was So pleased with himself for learning something new :) He loved it.

These are 2 of my favourite customers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment