Wednesday 24 October 2012

My dogs rock!



Mindy and I both know the reason she is not doing 30 miles per hour is not because of the sign...but because of the damn lead ;)

The dogs and I have had a great day today.I worked this morning just for a couple of hours,then this afternoon the Dream Team and I headed down to Dave's for the girls agility classes.
Mookie was a good girl,she's frustrating to run sometimes cos she's SO damn loopy when she run,and loops out left right and centre!
This is of course all my fault,not enough foundation work,and I don't do enough training exercises to make her really value her RZ's.(Reinforcement zones)
Mookie's class is first,and then when I run the Foof who has had the proper foundation she just seems to easy.
People often look at me like I'm a crazy woman when I use the word easy to describe the Foof,cos she is pretty mental,but I like mental,and she is SO headstrong,but we've channeled that to be an unwavering and intense desire and unstoppableness to get to her reward.
She does everything as fast as she can (which is fast!),and she will repeat something over and over again getting no reward for not getting something right,simply means she tries harder and harder to get it right to get to her God damn reward! I just love that about her,she never gets demotivated,I know this girl is going to be such a hard act to follow!!
I took all 3 of the for a walk before the lessons,and after the girls classes I was chatting for an hour,and Shadders was out,playing with me,roaming around the farm looking at all the little Shetland ponies,and having a great time. :)
When I got home this evening I took Mindy out for forty five mins.Good grief walking one dog is SOOOOO nice,,and easy.....I'd forgotten how enjoyable it is ;)
So we've all had a good day,I'm sitting in bed watching TV.The girls are under the blankets too,Shady is asleep on the dog bed beside me,and Mindy is snoring away in the cage at the end of the bed...life is good. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment