Monday 15 October 2012

Tell me why I 'DO' like Mondays......

Mondays are my new favourite day.

Come to think about it,I don't think I've ever had a favourite day before.Working with animals means you get used to working weekends,and Bank Holidays,and Christmas Day,New Years Day etc etc blah blah.So I've never really gotten 'that Friday feeling',as Fridays didn't mean 2 days off to follow to me.

Anyway Mondays I just love right now,and the reason is because all my dogs have a class to do.Mookie and Floozie both have agility,and then in the evening,Shady has flyball,which he is rocking right now!  :)

Since we've left our outdoor training venue for the winter,Dan has reformatted our lessons,and now runs 2 hour workshops instead of the classes.
I really enjoyed it today,we worked on lots of different bits for around 15 mins or so,and I came away with lots to work on at home.
We started with wait doing lots of proofing exercises,I gotta say my girls have extremely solid waits,and brilliant focus on me whilst waiting no matter what is going on around them.
Next on first one,working up to 2 jumps,we worked on collection for turns,and our Go cue.Mooks really needs work with collecting,as she didn't have any foundation training and is a naturally very long jumping dog.
We did some seesaw games,teaching/or reminding the dogs to run right to the end of the season,then waiting for the tip,versus running half way along and waiting for the tip,before then proceeding to their end position.
Then a couple of short sequences practicing front cross positions,and finished up with some grids.

Dan asked each of us one thing which we need to work on.....I said for Mookie collection,collection collection lol.
He also asked for one thing we were pleased with,for Floozie I said everything :) She is such fun to train,God it is so much easier working a dog in agility who has had the proper foundation!!

Shady looked almost like a proper flyball dog tonight! He was flying :) We also did for the first time run backs with another dog also running,and Shady was 100% focussed only on me,and believe me the other dog was VERY exciting! So bit by bit he is turning in to a flyball dog :)
There was even talk of him entering his first flyball competition in Feb,which will be here in a flash.

So its late Monday evening,and I have 3 very tired and content dogs sleeping all around me :) Well I have 4,Mindy was out with me all morning,went for a run,came to the kennels whilst I worked,then came to Pete's with me when I went up to clean out the Ferrets and spend some time with Bugly.

and that is 'why I DO like Mondays'!

1 comment: