Monday 8 October 2012

Stranger in the camp!!


Miss Ella is here with us for just short of a week.My girls are so good,just letting another bitch come a strutting into their home.
Mookie and Flooz have both had to give Ella a little reminder not to act like a crazy thing around here,and Ella very graciously remembers...and grovels :)

Today Floozie and I attended a proprioception and conditioning workshop run by Kamal Fernandez.
Flooz was high as a kite in the hall with so much going on,its been a long while since she trained in such a small and indoor venue,but she was focussed whilst working,only distracted for a second or two,whilst she tidied up the treats dropped by the previous handler ;)
She hasn't done much formal work on proprioception,she hasn't needed to....her whole life is one big proprioception exercise!!!She is ALWAYS getting on something she shouldn't be,and I have never met a dog who is SO aware of things above her,which she could get onto,or over,or through!!!
Oh and she thinks every step of her life is also one giant food dispensing toy,which has to be figured out,and the food obtained and eaten!! She really is a little menace hahahaha.

Then straight after the workshop I went on to flyball with Shady.He is really getting into it now,I have allowed him to get a little wound up there,which has increased his desire to get to the box.He has never been taught to 'go on' without me,so he sometimes turns back to look for where I am,though that is getting much less now,I think only twice tonight.
He really is loving it though,and I'm so glad we started another sport together :)

No comments:

Post a Comment