Monday 18 June 2012

Whole lot of brindle naughtiness!!

Pete and I took the girls out to our local 'Mindy proof'' field this evening,Mindy seemed alot more up for charging around in top gear,I think it must be the heat that made her lazy the other day :)
Bug has been lame and is on lead walk only,which is why I started walking Mindy,(Pete usually walks Bug and Mindy together)Its the first time I've gone out and let her off the lead,and it has bonded us so much more,and in such a short space of time.
You see Mindy is a foster dog (even though she's been here over 2 years!) and per the foster agreement she is not allowed off the lead,due to insurance issues.
Once we got to 2 years though,and with the likelyhood that she is going to be with us a long time,I contacted the rescue and asked if we could let her off.
I explained to them that we have with in a few minute walk of our house a field which is perfect.Its fully enclosed except for one small opening,which lead to the alley through which you access the field from the road.They were happy for us to try her out,and as I totally expected she is brilliant,I've spent 2 years conditioning her that when she hears her name called a certain way,she always gets food,and that girl is sure greedy,so it means that whenever she hears that,she checks back in instantly!
If I'm on my own I just hang around the entrance,and let the girls run around,and if Pete is with me,he does the 'guard duty',and I walk round the field with the girls,we call them between ourselves to make them run even further :)
I feel so happy that I'm back in the groove again with regards taking photos,such a simple thing to do,which really brings me a lot of pleasure,and great for proofing stays too :)
I'm looking forward to taking everybody.except Bug,down there tommorow.

I've still got no van :( Maybe we'll be reunited tommorow?I've missed my agility lessons today,probably will tommorow too....BOO!











Yeehah!!





Happy Mindy :)






We ended up with 3 girls looking like this :)


No comments:

Post a Comment