Saturday 30 June 2012

Flyball....again...


Sadly I gave up on Mindy's flyball training,the club began training outside,in an 'unsecured' area,which per the foster agreement,Mindy is not allowed off the lead in :(  Had she been really into it,I would maybe have pursued her being allowed off lead more with the rescue,but although with hard work I could have succeeded,honestly I didn't have the inclination,so I've gone to plan b,which is Shady.
I knew he'd do the jumps no problem,chase me for a tug no problem,and have lots of drive for the tennis ball,what I was worried about was that he'd be able to catch the bloody thing!! haha Catching is not his strong point!!
I needn't have worried,the box doesn't 'fling' the ball,the dog kinda releases and takes hold of the ball at the same time,it doesn't fly at all lol.
Shady just had the best time,and I did it too,it was so great to be working him again,he just simply loves to work,he is a working machine :)
I can't wait for our next lesson!

No comments:

Post a Comment