Saturday 11 February 2012

Still loving the snow here,although,ok snow haters I will admit I am a little,just a little annoyed that all my damn agility training keeps getting cancelled.
Pete and I took Bug,Flooz and Mindy out ffor a run in the countryside round the kennels.

Bug was(was being the important word here)enjoying playing with his stick,but check out his eyes,he knows he's a being hunted down.



Floozie,aka The Foof,Falafel,Foofie,Foofoo,Foofighter etc etc was hunting him,she wanted that stick bad.



Any country folks out there?


Know what these tracks are?



They are the tracks of a very angry Staffie!



A brief period of mutual stick chewing arose.





But then the 'Foof' started to decide she wanted it all to her little diva self!



Still looks fairly calm right?



It didn't last..



Foof really has a foul mouth whilst all this is going on!!



Miss Falafel!



Duel at dusk :)



'Throw it,throw it throw it!'



I stopped into the kennels after our walk to nick some sweeties from the staff room lol.I found little Skyla chilling in her ex pen and snpped a quick photo.
She is truely hilarious,she looks like a cross between a Womble and a Corgi puppy!



After our walk in the country we dropped the dogs home,and went walking with Shady and Mookie.We just spent half an hour in a local field letting them run and playing fetch with the tuggie.Then we did some road walking,I was gonna write street walking,but that is not what we were doing lol.We went round to the local Tescos,whilst Pete went in a few people came to say hi to the dogs.Mooks enjoys meeting new people,and Shady,well he enjoys ignoring people while they try and get him to engage.
He makes me laugh,he just looks at them with a look which says 'you're not my mummy!'
I never understand the peopl who feel like every dog must talk to them?Even when the dog is clearly not interested.
If I meet a dog and chat to the owners if the dogs seeks to engage with me I'll fuss it,if not I'll say hi and ignore it.
Does make me laugh if I tell people Shady is not interested in strangers and you get the immortal line,'oh no ALL dogs love me'!
Oh really?Well you'd better make that ALL dogs but not Shady,or my Collie Minstrel come to think of it.

Shady lives to play,also he's a bit of a git when he chases Mookie,and sometimes nips her if he gets too excited,if he has a toy,he doesn't so I'm lazy and instead of teaching him not to do it,as I have with Floozie,I use the toy instead.



'Come on daddy TUG!!!'



I didn't want to interupt Mookie's non stop running around so this was the only photo I got of her,in the half hour we were down the field.



Hehehe,Shady loves to face plough through the snow to keep cool.



We had walked into the night,I never want to come in when there's snow outside,like a child!
Mookie on the other hand doesn't want to hang around if she's been walked in the snow but on the lead,and who can blame her,she's practically naked!
Its ok to let our dogs off lead in the dark,they're not gonna go anywhere,but you never know who else's dogs might be off too,and there's some dogs around here which I would not want the dogs to run into!

Shady and me do our bit to keep the neighbourhood clean,he find a bottle on nearly every walk,and he carries it till we get to a bin,when I take it off him.He evens heads for bins himself now lol,he knows the drill.

2 comments:

  1. Good boy Shady - Nic you look FREEZING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. long full day ha...My pitbull motley wishes it snowed around here more often...I think he's seen it twice ha

    Check Motley out if you get at chance at
    http://thepitbullpalace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete