Sunday 5 February 2012

Videos don't lie!

Here's a few little vids from the Course walking seminar.
The weather only just reached freezing point all day,but we still managed to have a good time.

This is just a short video,but it makes me laugh so I've included it.
After the first exercise Mookie finds some food on the floor and our teacher tries to make her leave it.
I know it will play on her mind so I tell him to let her eat it lol,you can just hear me saying 'let her eat it,I like to encourage the naughty sniffing behaviour' hehe.
I still give a lot of my commands a fraction too late meaning I don't get the turns as tight as I could!



Here I don't go far enough forward,and so my movement forward after I release her makes her think we are going forward,so I send her off course.
The second time we get the right course,though I have a couple of the imfamous 'Mookie turns',ie wasting alot of time!

I love running Mooks,I'm almost too chilled out with the way I handle her!But I'd rather be too chilled out,than too stressed out which is what i was with Shady!



This is the video which taught me the most I think.
I start off without a plan,which means I am only destined to fail.There were several ways to handle this.
I probably would have left with Mookie on my left,but as someone else said,I would probably have had a better turn leaving her on my right,rear crossing her behind 2,then getting a front cross in for 3 - 4.
What I see most is how I turn off from Mookie when I get it wrong.I asked my friend to look out for signs that I demotivate Mookie by doing that,generally she runs around which is her default behaviour no matter where we are,if she barks at me I know I've frustrated her.I'm gonna try not to disconnect so much though.
I mostly do that with her because I used to have Shady always switched on during lessons/classes,and he thrived on that.Mookie I tried to make like that too,but I learnt that actually I feel she needs time to kinda decompress,to not have anything expected from her.
Like with Shady i would play play play,but that is HIS default happy behaviour,and I think I kinda pressured Mookie by expecting the same.I feel she chilled out and enjoyed agility more when I let her do her own thing between our turns.Playing non stop works for Shady,sniffing and eating rabbit poo works for Mookie lol.

So I have 3 failed attempts at the start.
On the second attempt,she goes right nicely after 2,then I pull off too fast and bring her inside number 3.
After the 2nd attempt I have a small tantrum,throwing my hands up in the air after being told I can not do it by handling her on the other side,and moaning like a child that I can't do it lol.Don't worry Mookie knows its a pretend tantrum too,it doesn't upset her :)
On the 3rd go I get a better turn from 2 - 3,but forgot to put the front cross in,then pushed Mookie round the wrong side of 4.
After the 3rd attempt I realise I am being ridiculous,look at it properley,work out what I have to do,and do it.hehehe I must be a really frustrating student!!
I am impressed by Mookie's turn from 4 - 5,its not perfect,she lands and then turns,but she lands lovely and short and turns on landing.If you could see how unable she was to check her stride and land short,you'd understand why I'm pleased with it :)
Amazing what you can learn about yourself from one minute of video!


No comments:

Post a Comment