Tuesday 1 May 2012

Girls girls girls....

I've had a great training session with my girls today.
I hired the agility arena again today,just took the girls with me. I wanted to work predominantly on turns,specially pivot turns with both girls. Then with Flooz I wanted to work on contact positions,well more specifically quick releasing some,and holding some,and of course weaves. With Mookie it was all about the pivot turns,and then I did some very small sequences with 2 bits of contact equipment in,so I could sometimes go back in and reward and sometimes quick release,this is still my/our stumbling block at shows!I have confused Mookie in the ring at shows by sometimes releasing her before she is in position,and so I have created a creeping down the down ramp behaviour,which is Mookie's way of saying 'I don't know what the fuck you want from me here woman!!!!I am useless sometimes!! Floozie was doing the channel weaves with the bases actually touching around 90% of the time,and there was a normal set of weaves there beside them,and yep I couldn't help myself,so I tried to get her to do the uprights too,and she did them,the first time,the second time it just threw her,so I went back to the channels closed right up,and she was doing really well :) I haven't been able to practice them at home much because of all the bloody rain we've been having,which is a big part of why I hired the arena out today,I really need to expose her to them much more to build up her muscle memory for doing them.After today I don't think it will be long,hopefully I can hire the arena out again on Saturday. Her pivot turn were actually pretty good,even though I'd set jumps up near to the jump I wanted both girls to turn right around the wing on,it caught Mookie out a number of times,cos that girl just loves to loop out,she jumped and turned right or left onto the following jump a few times haha,couldn't catch Flooz out though :) I was also doing alot of RZ work around the equipment,which went really well,Mookie concentrates alot more if you use food for these sorts of exercises,so as she's relearning this stuff,I'll use food not a toy. I left feeling really positive :) and with clean dogs,which is always a bonus! This new girl on the block is Kalli,Shady and her met for the first time today,and Shady really liked her,where sometimes he's a bit grumpy with puppies.
Tommorow I have 2 nice dogs to groom,then in the afternoon me and the girls are going down to Dave's for a lesson,which I am really looking forward to :)

2 comments:

  1. Go Girls! Woooooowoooooo!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Great site! I'm trying to find an email address to contact you on to ask if you would please consider adding a link to my website. I'd really appreciate if you could email me back.

    Thanks and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete