Wednesday 2 May 2012

Another great day...

I love those days where in the evening I know that all the dogs have had a really fun day. I took Shady to work with me this morning,and once I was finished I took a couple of jumps out on to the little green in front of my mum's house and did some 1 and 2 jump work,and a 'sort of a grid',just working on trying to get him to understand how to pace himself between the jumps,at varying distances. He was turning beautifully,and although not always perfect on the pretend grid,he was very obviously thinking about what he was doing,and trying to get it right,which is a big improvement on his usual style of 'launch yourself at it at top speed and worry about it later' lol. We had such a good time,just me and Shadders,he really is such a happy soul to be around,and I do very much enjoy how God damn loyal to me he is,he is a real one womans dog.:) After our training session,I took him down to Cinders for a little walk,cinders is an ancient Lakeland Terrier I walk,who is a sod with other dogs,but secretly fancies Shady,I think its cos he plays hard to get with her haha. Next I went home,let everyone out in the garden and had some lunch,stayed in for around an hour,then left again with Bug,Mookie and Floozie. I went over to the Newfies,and let everyone mess around in their huge garden for half hour,before driving down to Dave's I had a great lesson with the girls,they were both turning tighter,so my homework is paying off :)I always feel like Dave makes me see what the girls are capable off when I train with him,lol he makes me laugh,and I loose count of the time he tells me to 'just concentrate!' Once I got back to St Albans I stopped and walked the 3 of the dogs for 20 mins in the woods,gave Pete a ring and he'd cycled Mindy to his mums which is 2 miles from home,spent some time in his mum's with her,where she got spoilt,had a pigs ear,and sat on the stairs watching the world go by out of the window,then he cycled her back.
So everyone had a great day,and I have tired dogs everywhere :) Perfect!

1 comment: