Wednesday 16 May 2012

Training,training,training........



Its felt non stop this week,and I've definatly trained more than is ideal,but the dogs are well up for it,we have a great time,and its just this week,oh and next,that we'll be doing this much.
Next week is D-Force camp.I'm so excited,its is gonna be F U N!!
That is as long as it doesn't rain all week,seeing as how I'm staying in a tent!

Monday I the girls each had a lesson with Dan,we've all been really working on Mookie's turns,and they are really shaping up.
Flooz did some weaving work,and some sequences,she is really looking brilliant,she is a special dog for real.She has SO much heart,and I just love how damn headstrong she is,just love it!

Tues eve Dave started his Que-me club classes,the girls were in one each.We started each class with some very useful foundation exercises.(Which I really should have been doing for months,why can't I just do my bloody homework!?!?!)
Mookie looked amazing on the sequences we ended doing,she was flying :) I never really know how fast Mookie is,she just has such an efficient easy gait,she gets places quickly,but doesn't have that desperate,fast and furious look about her like Shady and Floozie do.Funny though when someone else runs her and I watch she looks faster than she feels to run.

Then this afternoon I had a lesson with Dave and the girls,worked on contacts,in particular mixing up holding/quick releasing them.
Its so nice training Flooz,I never really worry about anything,cos I know if she goes wrong,and we withold the reward,she just will figure it out,I never worry about demotivating her,which I do think about at times with Shady and Mookie.

I took Bug with me for the afternoon out,and after Becky's lesson took the 3 of them out for a walk with Abbie,Oggie and Wiggy.

So tommorow I'll be working at the kennels and the girls can stay home all day,rest their muscles,and have a rest!Friday too,then Saturday morning I have a contacts workshop which the girls can both have a go in,Sunday I have a show entered with Mookie,but just 2 runs,so nothing too taxing.

Everything kinda happened at once,the contacts was meant to be a couple of weeks ago,but got rained off.So after camp the girls can have a nice week off to recoup.Not they need to mentally,there is not a day that they are not ready to work,love them girls :)


No comments:

Post a Comment