Saturday 7 January 2012

Poor Floozie :(

I've broken her again!
Why is I know dozens of people who can play ball non stop day after day,without a care in the world,yet when I think one day 'sod it,I don't have alot of time,I'm gonna throw a ball for the dogs' I break one of them!?

I threw a ball and it landed toward the edge of the garden,Flooz got there first,but then screamed and held her front right paw up.I could see a huge thorn sticking out of it,thought it was no biggie,pulled it out,she wasn't lame,and we carried on playing.
I had a sound dog,bought her home,she went out into my garden,still sound,later in the night,hobbling round not putting that front right paw down.
I can't see anything in the paw anywhere,but its def the paw she has pain in.She looked very stressed out when you examine it.I can't see even where the thorn penetrated,and I'm not certain it is just down to the thorn,as she is not paying any attention to the paw,no licking at it,nothing.
So maybe she hurt it some time later in the day?Perhaps at the same time as she skidded for the ball she hurt it along with the thorn?
She's had nearly 2 days complete crate rest,no real improvement,so tonight after work I thought maybe she's just bruised her toes badly from skidding,and maybe it was ouchie cos she hadn't used it much,so each time I let her out of the crate to go to the loo it was like a 'fresh ouch',so she was limping.
Towards the end of the walk she was barely limping,but of course it might have been cos the fun of the walk was overiding the pain?
Who knows she wasn't limping much after the walk,but I gave her some metacam in her dinner and we'll see how she is later.
I hope its somthing minor,aside fro having to limit her activity which is no fun for her,I have 2 weekend workshops coming up at the end of the month,and was so looking foward to working her and Mooks in them.
One of them is specifically aimed at teenage/pre competition dogs,so was for her.Luckily as Shady is just coming back to agility after over a year off,he would very much fit the bill to take her place.
So here's hoping she's better soon,I'll see how she is in the morning and pop her up the vets if no better,and she can see the osteopath next wed,and then she'd better be fixed dammit!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment