Tuesday 17 January 2012

Doing time off line...

I've been without internet for a week.A whole week felt like about a month,but was quite liberating!

i cleaned,tidied and scrubbed my house from top to bottom,and I am NOT one of natures neat freaks.I resent just about every scrap of housework or other 'woman's work' I have to do,and if I could afford it i would have a cleaner...and a chef,I can't cook either.
I grew up with a very chauvanistic dad,who I loved with all my heart,but his relationship with my mum taught me everything I did NOT want to be as a grown woman lol.
Having just written that I realise that if I didn't have so many dogs,I could afford a cleaner,so one or two of them are gonna have to go ;)

As well as the spring,er winter clean,I also strove on with operation street walk with the dogs,and their new haltis.They are all walking beautifully,and its SO much more enjoyable to walk them on leads,where as I used to just avoid it cos B ecspecially was so untrained and pulled so strongly.So I'd just drive them somewhere and let them run,like feral dogs ha.

Floozie is still notfixed,big sigh :( I've been walking her 3 and a half miles on lead,no lameness,every day we'd done that walk.Then I let her off for 10 mins one day,fine,walked her a further 10 mins on lead,fine.She ate her dinner,walked around the garden,fine.Put her to bed and when sshe got up LAME dammit its not fair and I want to have a big tantrum about it!!

So we went back to on lead only,Fine,and today for the first time I let her off again.She was off for 10 mins at the kennels,so I knew there's be no squirells or bunnies to chase,and then trotted around for an hour whilst I worked,and yippee she is still sound. :)

I took Shady and Mookie training yesterday.

Dan set a grade 4/5 type course,and it took us several tries but eventually we got it,she is SUCH a good girl,so honest,tries so hard to get it right,and she's so funny when I get it wrong she makes sure to let me know about it lol.
Still trying to get my feet right,indicating the next direction whilst my shoulders and drive arm are still supporting the current piece of equipment/direction,I am going to have to practice practice practice this!

Shady loved being in class again.We did puppy grids,which he seems to be getting better at.
We were looking for how he completed the grid,along with how his drive to his toy was,and how low he was running.
The grids seem to be becoming easier for him to figure out,he looks more natural and balanced in them.His drive to the toy is never a problem,that boy is hugely toy motivated,and although he doesn't look super low,he actually is,specially for a BSD,they tend to track in a more upright position alot too.
Of course he's also in class with some super low,slinky Collies,which make him look more upright than he actually is.
We did some simple drive,then drive collect drive sequences.I need to get my check signals out/up (verbal,and physical with my check arm) quicker,its weird from handling the 2 girls then to go back to him,but its no excuse,as Mookies pacing is probably not that dissimilar to his,she is a scopey jumper.

I was really happy with everything he did too,oh yeah all the time I was working him in exercises I was doing the 'look at that' game,he's catching on quickly,thank God,he used to be hard work around the rings!

I have a nice simple exercise to do at home to teach the habit of turning nice and tight,so tommorow Shady and Mookie will be practicing that. :)

Oh and I'm looking forward to Fri this week as I have a 1-2-1 with Sian Illingworth.She is SO motivating with the dogs,that girl I believe could get any dog to love playing!
I'm excited to see what we do with her,think it will just be Mookie I work,but maybe the Shadbag can have a go too.

No comments:

Post a Comment