Wednesday 12 December 2012

So here's the news...



We are now just the fantastic 4! and we have a new home :)
I'd been living temporarily at my mum's after splitting up with Pete,I was supposed to be saving...but I'm not grown up enough for that so I just thought 'sod it' I'm gonna get a flat.
I had to move out of St Albans which is my home town,but sadly is also a commuter town for London,which is accompanied by being a ridiculously expensive place to buy or rent property.
I've moved about 10 miles out,to Dunstable,which is where my sister and niece live,is much cheaper,and also has some amazing areas for dog walking and photography.
Oh yeah....why are we 4?Mindy has gone off to a new home :) She has gone to live with a lady named Pauline who lives round the corner to Pete and my mum's house.
I knew Pauline through dog walking,she has a beautiful Greyhound named Ruby,who we used to see most days.Ruby died earlier this year,and I had secretly,well not so secretly ;) hoped all along that Pauline would have Mindy.
Mindy went off for a trial nearly 2 weeks,and aside from a couple of blips with Mindy reacting to dogs or cats in the street,they are doing great!
Mindy has had a string of visitors round to meet her since she moved in,she sleeps on Pauline's bed at night,and gets 2 x 45 minute walks per day.Pauline is what I call an old school dog owner/walker,she stops and chats to everyone in the street,including the school kids from the school on the street she lives on.They all loved Ruby,and now they are delighted to see Pauline has another dog to love.
I swear the neighbourhood has practically been taking bets on wether Pauline would keep Mindy!
I am just ridiculously happy for Mindy,I cannot even begin to express how happy I am for her,she SO deserves a place all of her very own,as an only dog,and to be adored as she is :)
I think all along Mindy came to me,(all the way from Yorkshire which is practically the other end of the country)stayed with me for 2 and a half years,all to be in the right place eventually to help mend Pauline's broken heart.
Obviously Bug stayed with Pete,as he was Pete's dog all along.I saw him last night,he looks really well,and  Pete takes him nearly everywhere with him now,as it is just Bug that he has to walk.
Me and the Dream Team (Shadders,Mook and the Foof) are loving life as a foursome.I feel almost like a normal person now,not a mad dog person! 3 dogs seems like a normal number,and I am in no hurry to get any more!

The flat is a 1 minute walk from an amazing walk called Blows Downs,which is part of the Chiltern hills.Its the main reason I took the flat,we are gonna love it here :)


The first morning I had the morning off,and I had it all planned the night before.Have a nice lay in,take my proper camera up the Downs and get some lovely photos.I new it was going to be cold and frosty,and I was excited to get some nice new pics for the blog.But no,I awoke ready for action,opened the curtains to thick thick fog.So I left my good camera at home,a decision I regretted as soon as I got up the downs,I could have gotten some great photos,frost all over the plants and grasses,I just got this one on my phone :(
This is what the Downs looked like on this mornings run.When of course I was on a tight time schedule,so didn't take the proper camera again.Still there will be many many walks up there to take photos on :)Its great,its so hilly that just a half an hour up there with the dogs running up and down they get a really good workout....I just get really out of breath lol



Oh yeah....they've figured out where to wait for their bedtime treats already ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment