Saturday 15 December 2012

Foofie versus the fence......

I finally got my day where having the time to take photos,coupled with decent weather to take photos came.
It started well,we'd been out for an hour,the dogs were having a great time racing up and down the hills like nutters...and super fit freaks,just walking up the hills leaves me out of breath lol.

These narrow paths are made by the cattle which graze the hills to keep the plant life under control.

Mookie has been marking right left and centre since we move here.She is such a butch bitch!! 'All this now belongs to me!'

Happy is as happy does :)





My flat is in the middle of the photo,3rd row back.Its not one of the blocks.







I've been walking these hills for years on and off.This used to be a thriving tree which my niece used to love to climb :(

Miss Piggy...please take note of the beautiful white chest....unmarked at this point.

Bwahahaha at the Mooks face!

Mooks on what is left of the tree.


Can you tell it was windy at the top lol!!
 Once we'd reached the top,even though I'd been sending the dogs running up and down the main hills for around 15 minutes Mookie's turbo kicked in and she went zoomie-ing around like a possessed thing :)

Add caption





The plaque at the top of the hill.

Foof surveying her new stomping grounds.

The tower blocks of Luton in the distance.


At the bottom of the Downs on one side is the town centre,it amuses me how if you stand and look in one direction you could feel like you are on the Yorkshire Moors,miles from civilisation,then turn and look the other way,and you see the retail park,warehouses and waste ground.Can you spot Mookie and Shadders in here?


See this clump of hedges in the distance?To the right of it you can see the path worn into the ground.This is where the walk took a turn for the worse :(
 As I walked up this path,minding my own business,Mookie was in front of me a bit,and Flooze and Shadders were just about with me,when the most weird thing happened!
From behind the hedges and straight towards Flooz,literally almost running straight into her came the biggest hare I have ever seen!!It was bigger than Flooz,I thought for a moment it was a small Deer,as my brain tried to comprehend what was happening lol
I called and grabbed Mookie,who is a hunter through and through,and does not need to go hare coursing!Shady and Floozie set off after it,but Shady stopped at the fence and came back.
The Foof did not,and was out of sight for around 45 seconds,which felt like around 10 mins,and when she came back she got a massive jackpot of food lol.
Thankfully it didn't look as though she caught it,there was no blood or fur on her,and she was covered in thorns which would suggest it went to ground.

As I saw her coming back I stood on and also lifted the barbed wire fence so she couldn't hurt herself on it,but on getting her back and checking her over,I could see the fence got her on the way out.:(

As I continued my walk,I saw a man with 2 Dobies,he said his dogs had flushed the hare,that's why it came running blind towards us,poor hare,it was having a really bad day!

Poor Foof's chest :(



This was the bit of the walk I really wanted to take photos on,the hills are chalky with dozens of little paths criss crossing them :)But obviously with Foof's injury I couldn't hang around.



So it was a nice walk,with a bad bit.
Fortunatly the wound never actually bled,and even with having to walk her for around 45 mins to get back home,it didn't agravate it and set off bleeding.
I've not been to the vets with her,just cleaned it up myself,and will watch it closely,make sure it doesn't get infected.
Also luckily Foof hasn't so much as licked it once,so it'll just have to be on lead short walks for her for the next couple of weeks while it repairs,boo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment