Friday 7 September 2012

Frenemies?

Tues was a nice busy day,I love the fact that now I am living back home the dogs are busy ALL day long.
I had already groomed 3 little dogs in the morning,then in the afternoon 2 GSD's Blade and Delta came for their hair do's.
I've known both blade and Delta since they were real babies,and their mum's previous lovely bitch 'Sheba',before them too.
My lot except from Mindy have spent a good deal of time with these 2 around shows,so I mix them when I groom them.
Mindy hadn't but today she did,and she was brilliant!She is really benefiting from living here,and getting to mix with all the dogs I groom,day in and day out.instead of meeting a few week when I bought her down here.
Delta was a little 'tail uppity' towards Mindy,but she soon stopped when I got Mindy to give her some space,and we all spent a lovely half hour outside together,playing and me taking photos :)

Oligatory posed shot! Mindy would no way have been able to sit with all these dogs with me having treats around them before.She has come SO far with regards to her food gaurding. :)




Totally in sync! 


The nieghbours had been (annoyingly) looking after a pet rabbit for 2 weeks,which in turn meant I had been keeping a VERY close eye on Mindy whilst she was in the garden!
Last year when they looked after it,they didn't warn me,and Mindy jumped the fence,and was racing up and down its run,trying desperatly to break in !! It took me what seemed like AGES to call her off,it was probably around 2 minutes,but I did have to really yell at her to break into her 'I need to kill' frame of mind.
Lurchers are outstanding hunting dogs,and many rescue Lurchers were once working (hunting) dogs.

I am happy to report that I had no fence jumping from Mindy this year,but that wasn't because she didn't want to,rather that she thought she had better not!She did chew herself a little hole in the hedge so she could keep an eye on it,the little witch!


Oh and everybody had baths on Monday eve,see how they shine :)


'Come on little birdie,get down from that tree and come to me!'


 Shiney,shiney :) I must bath them more often,they're so huggable when they smell so good :)


'Nom,nom,nom!'


It was early in the morning here,so Mookie and Mindy were trying to warm up,they're like lizards haha.


This photo cracks me up.
It is a study in dog body language.
Mindy had the ball and had dropped it,she was looking at Shady out of the corner of her eye,to make sure he didn't take the ball before she wanted him too.
Shady though like Mindy it doesn't look like it,is keeping an eye on Mindy to see when she gives the ball some distance so he then knows he can have it,he's turning slightly away from her to keep her happy....oh the subtleties on caning conversations....
Then out of nowhere,and not being part of the conversation Mookie says.....'Fuck it,I'm having the ball!!!'


Shady's coat is really coming back now.His coat looks a bit wild cos he was bathed but not dried,and you can see his man mane is the last bit to grow back,so his neck looks too small for his body!


Floozie....'back off biotch,I gots my eye on you!!'


Shady sure got his man knickers back ;)



3 Shepherds!





3 Sheperds and a Mookie!


'Play with me!!!' This dog is SO cute and playful :)


When I go in the shed,where the dog food is kept,I am closely supervised!!




After blade and Delta had left for home,I took Shady,followed by Mookie out the front for a game of frisbee,as I'd just rediscovered the frisbee in the cupboard!
Shady loves to retrieve  L O  V E S  it :) He's not too good at catching though!


We were somewhat rudely interupted by a neighbours dog,Theo a Great Dane x.
Theo used to board at the kennels I work at,and I know he is a sociable boy,so I was happy for Theo to stay whilst we played.
Shady is just brilliant with other dogs,as with all my dogs he knows exactly how to handle other dogs.


Poor Theo is the same age as Shady,but looks,acts and probably feel twice as old as Shadders :(


'I'll be your friend,but you're not having my frisbee,got it?!'


 Next I bought Mookie out for a game.Poor Theo tried to keep up with her and it nearly killed him!!
His mum took him in to rest ha ha.


Mooks would make a brilliant frisbee dog :)


 I finished the day in the usual way,on my laptop,trying to keep Shady off it as he likes to snuggle in real close!!


No comments:

Post a Comment