Sunday 8 April 2012

What a great day.....

This afternoon I went over to Becky's with Shady and Flooz,Mookie had to stay home as she's scuffed one of her pads,and I'm leaving her home so it will heal quicker. We had a great session with both dogs,really productive,and we really achieved something with both dogs. I am trying hard to be more organised with training,I have put an 'E' post it on my laptop with things I need to remember. Notes for each of the agility dogs,on what I should be concentrating on in their training. Also from the course walking workshop,the rules and uses of a front cross.as I look at the laptop screen just about every single day,it was the best place to put something if I really want it to sink into my head!
Also before I left for Becky's,I compiled a comprehensive list of things to do...hahaha.
If for some strange reason you can't understand the notes,it says 2x,rear x (rear cross),piv (pivot turns),and tow bar (unrelated to agility training haha) We did mostly grids with Shady,as his jumping,or rather his inability to judge distances whilst jumping is his biggest problem.Oh and we also did weave entries with him using the 2x2 method.He was so funny got the entry,then the reward and kinda looked like,'well where's the other 10 poles gone' hehe. Cheeky Shady took the last 2 jumps as a spread haha. No problems with the bounce grids.. This is a classic example of Shady's jumping problem,he really struggled to judge take off point when the jumps are further apart.:( Not being able to work it out,he went round it this time. Yes,got it! We left the same grid up for Floozie.. Just look at this little girl getting her weaving wiggle on! We also did some down planks with Flooz,alternating between holds and quick releases,she's really got it and its so much easier to judge when she in position than it is with Mookie. With Flooz she explodes into position,she just kinda lands there.Her release is rock sold too,she literally skids OFF the contact,you can hear her nails slipping. Becky and I were talking and realised how there is nothing we have a problem teaching Flooz,she just gets it,and when he doesn't get something right,she'll only get it wrong a couple of times before she thinks for herself,works it out,and gets it right.Then she generally gets it right from then on too. I think alot of this has to be put down to her being shaped to do things so young,and teaching her to work through frustration to get what she wants. Of course we cannot take away from the fact that she is just so F-ing determined to get what she wants in life.As we chanelled all her drive into toys and food,and the end result is she will work and work AND then work some more. What an incredible girl she is,and THANK GOD I have her!!

1 comment:

  1. Love love love the Floozie weave wiggle! So damn cute - she means business!

    Shady did brilliantly too didn't he - what a good boy.

    ReplyDelete