Sunday 11 December 2011

Girls just wanna have fun...

Just me and the Foof went to Becky's this weekend.Mookie isn't allowed to do any agility for a few weeks becasue of the hamstring injury,and I didn't see the point of brining her and leaving her sitting in a cold van whilst we worked the other girls.
I wanted to work on proofing Floozie's contacts when I move away laterally,as we discovered in training on Wed that she had no concept of staying there whilst I did that.
Funnily enough she kept running straight off even when I was just running straight past,which never normally would make her come off.
I put it down to the different environment/equipment.It was good to see that,its something I need to take into account before I do any shows with her.
So we ended up doing a load of 'normal' a frames,then worked on me moving away laterally.
I also did some 2 jump work with her,to make sure we really cement in her head the idea that she should always turn tight,as she would jump really long if given the option.
I really struggle when left to my own devices to decide what to train,and for how long,and often feel I haven't really achieved much,which is why I really don't do alot of training on my own.I need to have a definate goal in mind when I'm training,its something I need to work on.
After training we went back to Becky's house and Flooz and Sixx where having so much fun together.Lots of bitey face games,and Floozie was doing her best to teach Sixx how to sofa surf hehehe.
Today I took the Dream Team out for an hour near the kennels,its was a drizzley and muddy walk,which I love,though it means its pointless taking my camera.Shady (who had split a nail and been hobbling around)was not lame after,neither was Mookie,who was kept on lead and harness the whole time.She was really pulling hard though due to the squirrels and pheasants,so I think her leg did get a good test.Yesterday I let her off lead at the kennels for about 10 mins,and no problems.YAY!

'Come on Sixx,lets rrrrrrrrrruuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnn!!!!'




Trying to get Becky using to tugging in a more rough manner by pairing her up for a tugging session with the Flooz.







Don't know what she is doing with her eyes here?!




Crazy girls!







'My,what big teefies you have!'

No comments:

Post a Comment