Wednesday 14 December 2011

Winter walkies...

The 'dream team' and I went for a nice walk near the kennels the other day,well we go nearly every day,but I took my camera as the sun was thankfully shining.
Our days seem so short right now.
Its not light till after half 7 in the morning,and dark again by around 4.But fortunatly the Winter Solstice is only 7 days away,I am actually more excited about that than Christmas!

Floozie loves a good rampage int he country.




Poor lil Mooks is still on lead,but has been going up to an hour,and pulling hard,so her leg has been getting tested well.I've also been letting her run around at the kennels,and when I'm working and she is sound as a pound.In fact I think today I'll take her out for a run which will be her first time off lead for 2 weeks :)
She's going for another treatment on Fri with the osteopath,and then hopefully will be declared 'fit for purpose' lol.










'I am soooooooooooooooooo bored being on lead is one thing,having to sit around in the background while you tke photo of them is really not on!!'




Deep into the wood is my favourite part,it seems to have lloked exactly the same for the 20 years I've been walking there!
Its hard to get nice photos there as it is so dark,its always wet there,and usually has big puddles in the tracks of some big wheeled vehicles which at some point went in there,there's always 'pond plants' growing round there too,like reeds.




I tried to get a nice photo of the dog with that as the background,it was harder than i thought!Getting them to stay on the log is no problem,getting them to all look in the same direction at the same time was harder.










I think this is probably the best one?







Mookie is ALWAYS very alert (and annoying lol) in the woods as there are SQUIRRELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




Foof in a tree :)



We have alot of holes in the land around the kennels,supposedly they're bomb craters left over from the war.




Here's Mookie next to one of the holes to offer some scale,they're about 12 feet deep.




Shady's nearly 'back to black'.




Shady enjoys teasing Flooz with sticks...




Poor hunted Shady!




She's closing in!




Flooz is not going to stop until that stick is her evil clutches!She is the absolute personification of the word determined!!!




'What you gonna try and get back huh?'




WINNER = BITCH!!!!




I am apparently walking part of the Hertfordshire Way,I ought to find out about it,and see if I can walk the whole thing.




Shady looking lovely,aside from the mud he's smeared all up the side of his face...nice!



The kennels are the buildings in the background.I often get bored walking around here,as its just flat farmland with public footpaths crossing them,but really I should be grateful I have such a great place to run the dogs every day,I'm sure they don't care about the scenery as much as I do!!




Shady posing with the woods we walk the kennel dog in in the background.




Poor Mookie,she not only has to stay on the lead,but also has to sit around in the cold and wet whilst I take photos of the others running round having fun.
Its a tough life being a Mookie!




When we got back to the lane,I had them all pose on the log the farmers put up to stop people driving into their fields.Mookie and Floozie are looking for squirrels!







After all that rampaging Flooz went to bed,we've given her Pete's old fishing sleeping bag.She was completly burried by it,but when I got back with the camera she'd popped up,still looked cute though!

No comments:

Post a Comment