Tuesday 3 July 2012

Show time!

I had a wicked time training the girls yesterday :)
I ran the Foof first,a half hour one to one with Dan.we worked on contacts and weaves,and she smashed it! She is such an easy dog to train,she just tries and tries and tries,and failure doesn't dappen her collosal spirit,it just makes her try harder :)
Foof is the first dog which I've done alot of shaping with,it opened a whole new world of understanding for me,and I am really interested to see if all my dogs which I have in the future will be as motivated as the Foof.

I think that the Foof has something special,she is SO headstrong,which lends well to shaping and having been taught (thank God) to work through frustration.I just love that she is 'That is what I want,I'm gonna do whatever I have to do to get it!!'

She's getting her weaves correst probably 90% of the time,and the problem is always popping out one pole too early,I'm happy that I finally knuckled down and taught her,I was really resisting training it,if I don't understand how to do something right,I often think it is better not to do it at all!

Contacts look great too :) This weekend is Foof's third 'first' KC show,lets hope its 3rd time lucky and we actually get to bloody compete! Her first show I had to miss because my van was out of action,the 2nd show was cancelled because the ground was water logged,which was a real pain in the ass considering it was my most local show ever,literally less than 10 minutes from my house.

Mookie shared a lesson with Leo,and we had the best time! Dan set us some nice challenging courses,and told us to attack them,and me and Mooks,we did good.Contacts looked good,her weaves are as fast as they have ever been,she seems to really like the new spacing the weaves are at now.

I'm really looking forward to the weekend,fingers crossed I actually get to the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment