Monday 9 July 2012

2 posts before half 8 in the morning!



Floozie's 3rd '1st show' has been and gone without her competing AGAIN,my bad,I hadn't got her measured yet,and had wrongly assumed they have someone doing it there,but no,so poor Foof got to do no runs.
I did do some weave entry training with the 2 x 2 poles Becky had bought with her.
On saturday I had 2 lovely clear runs with Mookie,both with 9th places,one was a grades 1 - 7 combined steeplchase,so I was pleased with that place considering Mookie is only grade 3,and steeplechases favour the faster dogs as it is just a blast round.
The 9th in the agility was cool too as I'd held her contacts.she had 3 nice contacts,could have done the Aframe faster (that run is the run in the vid above) but went straight into position with no confusion,which has been our problem,due to me being inconsistent about criteria at shows.
Our other run she only had one mistake where I sent her into a tunnel instead of the weaves,rather stupidly as I'd seen that as a potential problem,and still let it happen duh ;)

When I got back I discovered that my van has a huge bloody oil leak :( So I didn't think I'd be able go to the show on Sunday,luckily Liv took me,what a star:)
We arrived too late to walk courses,and it showed oops! I would have gone clear,but the little minx came off her Aframe contact before I released her,so I told her to get back on it,which meant we got eliminated.I don't care though,my goal is perfect contacts,not going clear.I'm thinking of long term goals,not short term gain :) Other than the E for getting back on the equipment,we ran clear.
She came off her dog walk too,so it would seem that I have fixed the creeping down the contact equipment problem,and created instead a coming off early problem.
I'm pretty sure I know why.I am too rigid with how I behave at contacts.I notice from the vid that I have very stupidly been releasing her with a verbal que but at the same time also moving my arm,so she is probably now releasing off my body movement :( No worries though,I just need to start being more unpredictable about how/when I release.
Its so important to watch yourself on video,you see all the stupid stuff you do haha.
The jumping round was pretty rubbish, till half way round,then there were some nice bits.

No shows next weekend,then a 2 day show at Rugby,providing it doesn't get cancelled due to the weather.They are going to decide on Wednsday,really hope its not cancelled!

The brilliant Trevor Greenslade took some lovely photos of Mooks doing her thang on her runs :) He did a really good job,considering the lighting was awful for a good part of the day....good ol' English summer,rain and cloud :(












No comments:

Post a Comment