Wednesday 18 July 2012

Revisiting.....EVERYthing!!

Me and the Foof have just been to an agility workshop taught by Dan,and based around 2 'stars' of jumps.
He said you can practice just about all the handling moves you will need.

Wow did it show that I have NOT been practicing the most basic stuff :(

Things we need more work on include,
 Having Flooz drive on when I am static.
 Driving into tunnels when there is other equipment very near them.
 Sending up a line to a dead toy,and just dead toy work in general.
 Checking her stride when she has done 2 or 3 obstacles at top speed.Our first few goes at a front cross after 2 jumps then a tunnel she did check her stride and turned,which was really nice,but she can do better and be more consistent at it.
There is more,but my notes are in the van,these are the really glaring ones which need work on!

Another thing which has always been funny,but has reached a level where it is definitely become a hindrance,is how vocal the Foof is during a restrain.
I've always loved it cos it really shows how excited she is,and how desperate she is to get on with the job.
But now when I restrain her,she's can't really hear what on earth I am trying to say to her!!
So I'm afraid I will have to put a stop to it,its a little sad,but she can be just as excited but just stop making the alien noises!

What has come hand in hand with the increase in frustration/noise is that she looks at me whilst she's screaming,which means she is not looking at where she's about to go,which is just about useless in agility,so its all gonna have to go.
It will also make me leave her in waits more,which I am often happy to avoid,which is pretty ridiculous seeing as how Mookie has a perfect wait,and Foof's is pretty much bombproof too,but its one of my secret nemesis,cos I lost it with Shady!
I find it hard to let go off some of my training baggage sometimes.I still have a 'thing' about contacts,down to how badly I handled them with Shady!He hasn't trained or competed in nearly 2 years...for God's sake Nicola,let it go!! lol.

So,LOTS to work on!

No comments:

Post a Comment