Wednesday 4 July 2012

Busy,busy,busy.


After a busy day grooming I took the girls for a little training session.Dan kindly let me borrow his field,and I had a very productive little session with Flooz and Mookie.

With Floozie I worked on weaving,she's pretty much fine with them now,though I can definatly do much harder entries,but for now,the entries which she will encounter at shows,she should be able to manage no problem.She is weaving fast and furious like everything else she does,nice low head,and she does some screaming as she does it,which means she is getting frustrated that she can't do it faster lol Still she looks about as fast as a dog shaped like a brick can go.

I did a few seesaws with her too,the first one she FLEW!! Only once though,she listened after that :)

With Mooks I concentrated on building value for my RZ's.(Reinforcement zone) She did good too and we had a lot of fun too.

I'm really looking forward to the weekend,a show Sat and Sunday running both girls.

Mooks is going grey early! Like her mummy :)



Not sure why Mookie looks so fat and out of condition in this photo,but I like her happy face :)




I've had plenty of work lately,as usual I've been taking the dogs with me when I go to work,and they have the free run of the grooming room or garden,and mostly spend time alternating between mooching about outside,and coming in to lie near me as I work.
Mindy really likes to make the most of the opportunity of getting outside,she spends the majority of her time outdoors,just coming in to check on me every now and again.
Today though as I was there over 7 hours,even she gave up and came inside for a snooze.

From the time it became obvious that Pete and I were going to split,I have stopped having any expectation of Pete to help me with the dogs.He is just responsible for Bug,who is on crate rest anyway due to being lame.
Because I haven't been able to take Bug to work I have changed how I do things with the dogs.
The routine used to be that Pete would take Mindy and Bug for a run in the morning,whilst I walked the other 3.Then I would take 'my' 3 to work for the morning,then bring them home at lunchtime,and swap them for Bug and Mindy.But seeing as Bug is out of action,I've been taking everyone else with me all day,and walking/running them together too.
Its really bought me and Mindy closer together,ecspecially being able to let her off the lead now,that really makes life easier.
So we're settling into a new nice routine :)

Random photos taken whilst the dogs are enjoying being outside whilst I have a break from working.





Lol floozie looks like she's grovelling towards me,but actually she's stalking Mookie!



Shady is just so happy,all of the time,specially if there is a toy he can play with.



I don't know what Mindy was concentrating so hard on?


No comments:

Post a Comment