Monday 24 March 2014

The running bug!

 I never thought I'd get bitten by the running bug,but yep,I have been now!Today Pete and I with Shady,Mook and The Foof met up with Anna and 3 of hers for another lovely run round Ivenhoe Beacon and the surrounding hills.
It was cold and windy up there,our previous hot weather has once again dissapeared,but we had a mix of sun and cloud,no rain,so it was still ok,and nicer for the dogs.
I didn't think Flooze would be that enthused about running on lead for that far,but Pete took Mookie and was in front of us,so that spurred her on,and she did get into it :) Mookie just LOVES it,she's always been our worst puller on lead,and she just loves to run,so this sport seems just tailor made for her.
We went a bit further than before which bought us up through the forest which was lovey,and at around 7k in total it was the furthest I've ever run in my life,and I could have happily gone further :)
Unfortunately my phone battery died,so we didn't get the feedback from the 'mapmywalk' but we were running for about 45 minutes.
It was so cool that Pete came,and most importantly enjoyed it,so good to finally have something we can do with the dogs together!
Running with the proper canix waist belt on does make running alot easier,but in general I do feel fitter than I have in a long,long time. :)
I'm hoping to be able to run with the harder group at canix soon,they do around 8 to 10k runs,and the pace is faster so I'll see how I go and give it a try probably sometime in April.
Anna,me and the dogs on one of the hills :)It is stunning out there,and I would love to move closer to that area.


I spent Sunday afternoon out in the garden,mowing the lawn and generally tidying up....and also annoying the dogs by making them pose in weird places ha...check out Mookie's angry face!
ALWAYS happy and ready to play!
Best boy :)

This is how Le Foofle Pig sleeps every night.She needs to be under her sleeping bag for a good nights sleep ;)


This is how she is 'born' into the world each morning :)

No comments:

Post a Comment