Wednesday 21 September 2011

Poor Flooz...

She's broken,well at least just a bit.
Last Friday after work,i was feeling lazy so played a game of fetch with Shady and Floozie at the kennels.I kinda know I shouldn't do that cos they are just too intense together,both desperate to get the ball before the other can.
I through the ball only about 20 times,took them home,no problem with either of them.
Next morning Flooz was a little bit lame on her right hind leg.I had a look and found a small almost healed cut on her foot,so put the lameness down to that.
I took her to Becky's with me,and she ran and played for about 2 hours at her field.
She was on 3 legs for some of the time,but thinking it was the cut,coupled with the fact that there is a lot of thistles in the field,i let her continue to play.
When i got home she was really lame,and I rechecked the foot,and realised the cut is on the left paw,and the problem was with the right :O( So angry with myself for not checking properley,and then letting her run on it.
She has not been lame since,but I have been completly paranoid that she has done her cruciate ligament.
Today (Wed) she's been seen by an osteopath who does not (yay) think it is her knee.He could find a problem with her psoas muscle,and she had tight hamstrings.He's worked on both problems,and I have to keep her on lead this week,starting letting her off next for just a few minutes at a time.
Fingers crossed she'll be fixed soon.I really love that little girl.:O)

No comments:

Post a Comment