Sunday 12 January 2014

Good to be back......

Foof and me did some agility today woo woop!

We had a contacts workshop.I thought I'd start her back with some workshops aimed at specific things, rather than just jump back into classes or one to ones,to try and give her a really good reminder of what I wanted from her.

I was expecting her to be pretty wild and off her head,as its been months and months since she's done anything,and aside from camp in May last year,well over a year since she's been in training with lots of wild bloody agility dogs lol.

She turned up,recognised where she was and let out a blood curdling scream hahaha crazy little creature! I was suprised to see though,that once I got her out she was straight down to business,and even remembered before I did,that her default amongst the chaos was to lie down,and offer head downs to get my attention,to remind her to reward her.
She even did 'a Mookie' a couple of times,and strained back wards to the end of her lead in a down or sit,to make me notice how good she was being,and that I really should reward her ha!

Contact wise,her behaviour was pretty much as I left off with her.She needed a reminding a couple of times to stop,and then she nailed it.Although she did take the seesaw instead of the dog walk by accident one time,and FLEW it lols.She is just a nutjob,still screams her head off whilst being restrained,which always makes everyone laugh :)

So I have plenty of homework to be getting on with,I have to take responsibility more for her training now,and not just rely on when I train with a trainer,I just can't afford to train like I used to sadly.
Its going to be great getting back into agility,it was lovely to see everyone,and I got lots of hugs...which I embraced (against my will!) lol. I wonder if ever I'll be a hug lover,and will look back at this blog and remember the days when I didn't like people touching me hehe.

Ella and Shadders came along for the ride,and Shady came out to see and smile at everyone. I love how dogs never forget a friend!

Shad,Ells and me have just been out for an hour road walk in the rain,with them on flexi's...loving the flexi walks at the moment.Its cold and dark out so there's not many people out on the streets,so we just mooch about,and they have a good sniff about.
I got a Trixie bike attachment last week,not sure if I've mentioned it on here?It is Mookie's idea of heaven...just running and running for miles,she really gets in the zone on it,Foof finds running for no particular reason a lil bit boring.She'd rather go balls to the walls for a reason..and then go back to sleep again,she sleeps as she lives,100% asleep if she's sleeping.

So hears to 2014...I wonder what it will bring?

No comments:

Post a Comment