Saturday 27 July 2013

I wasn't expecting the worst after all....

So I was treating Shady's lump results with a 'expect the worst,hope for the best' attitude.
I was thinking...the worst.. it would be a mast cell tumour,and the best...it would be some annoying folicular cyst or something.
God was I wrong :( My beautiful,wonderful boy has lymphoma...LYMPHOMA!!!! I can't really believe it,he is so healthy,I almost feel like the results must be wrong,even though I know they're not.

How can this boy who has barely had a days illness in his whole life have a terminal illness???

He's not poorly now,and is not acting in anyway out of the ordinary.I am waiting on results from the sample they took from his lymph gland on Wed now,to see if it has spread to there,if it has,the vet says,he has months not years to live.How can this be? I just can't wrap my head around it.He's so fricken healthy!He only turned 7 years old in June!He also came from a great breeder,who breeds wonderfully healthy and long lived dogs.He's had a good diet,loads of exercise,and fun and love...and here he is terminally fuckin ill when he should be middle aged :(

There is a name for the the type of lymphoma he has,which is always on the face or head,but to be honest if I go get that scrap of paper which the vet wrote it down on,I will spend all night looking it up on the internet,and I'm holding off all internet research till Monday till I know if it has spread or not.I'll get a referral to an Oncologist next week too.

This does look like a dog with a terminal illness does it?!

Piggy wants to be a handbag dog!

But whilst he still looks like this....I'll know he's happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment